Thursday, April 10, 2008

what is blogging all about anyway?

My cousin, Rachel put into words exactly what I have been thinking about blogging lately. I am optimistic, and blogging seems to be a projection of only the ideals about my life. It's hard to complain because there are a lot of great things going on to share with my family and friends. Yet there is one thing that makes my heart ache every day. It is hard to see someone that you love so dearly suffer so much. My sister Juli is going through chemotherapy right now. She is constantly on my mind and in my prayers. Isn't it crazy how often times the one needing comfort, turns around and does the comforting? Juli's faith and selfless acts through her suffering motivate me to push beyond where I think I can.

8 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Wow Lis, I didn't know!! Ya know, blogging is my way to express myself. When I have a conversation with someone I haven't seen in awhile or on the phone, I wont go into detail of my life... but with blogging I can. I am glad you shared that about your sister. We will keep her in our prayers, and your family as well so you may all have strength. You are so sweet and I miss you sooo much. I am going to start planning a 105 thing WHERE YOU CAN COME after finals. I love you friend!!

Nield Family said...

That was nice Lis,thanks! Love you so much. . .this too shall pass!

Lacy said...

Lisa- I read your cousins blog and I was moved. It was said so perfect and I don't know her but I love her honesty. It is truly amazing. Anyway your sister is in my prayers. I know the feeling. Love ya

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

My cousin Rachel really is amazing! She is a very real person and an amazing photographer, you should check out her photography site too.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Amen to your blog and your cousin's blog. Sometimes I feel like I have to sugarcoat things I write because I feel like I'm going to be judged. Love ya Lis - you are great.. seriously. I look up to you a ton and I am so sorry for everything you've been through and are going through. You are a great example of endurance.

Josh and Lar said...

Lisa! I just found your blog! Fun fun fun. Last night was a blast and Josh really enjoyed talking to Jon. See you in the studio
-Laura Hawkins

rachel thurston said...

I love you. I am thinking of Julie. Learning to express what really matters, in my opinion, is one of life's greatest challenges. I've kind of put "last of the sourdoughs" on hold as I work through that question, so check my photo blog for updates. I hope you and jon are happy, happy, happy! love you.

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

Oh I am so glad you have a blog. I just got one and some how found yours. I had no idea about Julie. I am so sorry. We will keep her in our prayers as well. Love ya lots Lisa! and you too John. :)