Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summertime

Finally, a Crosby Family update. June and July have been so fun for us so far. We have spent some quality time with family and each other.
June began with some really great news just in time for Jon's first Father's Day,
... and just in time for Debbie's birthday dinner at the one and only Ruth Chris Steakhouse... mmm

We spent the 4th of July camping and boating at Yuba Lake with the Nields, Clarks, and Dad. Let's just say that between the heat, sand, shade-less beach, bugs, and wild animals, I learned a greater appreciation for Dock Potato (my parent's houseboat at Lake Powell). 


We have been to Newport twice: for Michelle's graduation and then for Jon's cousin's wedding last weekend. We are so proud of Michelle for getting her master's degree! We go to the beach so much, but last weekend was my first trip to Los Angeles. We just went to the temple there, but it was a great first experience in the big city of LA.
7/11/08... "free cents" slurpees with the Crosby kids

Outside of the LA temple

Last night Mom and Dad treated us to the American Idol concert. I am not ashamed to admit that American Idol is one reality tv show that I absolutely love. Jon and I were totally hooked last season, and he even got excited at the concert last night.




Rachel and I were loving it to say the least!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,....are you expecting!? Is that what your trying to say? If so than Congratulations!!!!

Nield Family said...

Finally its public!! SO SO EXCITED! You guys are going to be the best parents!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

That hint was subtle Lis :) I'm so excited that you got to go to the American Idol concert! I bet you went crazy!!! MISS YOU!!

laura said...

Congratulations! We are SO excited for you! Perfect timing to purchase your first home :). Keep us posted with any updates!

Kelly said...

Ah the concert! I'm jealous I bet it was so fun. So it looks like now you have at least two baby outfits! I just need to hold out for 5 more weeks until I find out what we're having and then I can go on a shopping spree for gender specific clothing! It's really not long, and yet it is!

The Ducketts said...

what the heck...what is the due date...congrats to you and Jon!

Linds Forrest said...

Is that an announcement?!! I will not say anything regarding it. ;)

Lis all your pictures are so cute! You are just this darling little thing running around! I love it! I can't wait till I see you tonight. Hopefully you are going at the beginning. You are going at the beginning right?! Ok good! Love you tons!!

Lily said...

What wonderful news for two wonderful soon-to-be parents. Baby Crosby is a lucky one. Congrats! So many fun things going on (not the least of which being that CONCERT...I'm jealous!)

Larsens said...

Congratulations! I am excited for you guys. It is the best thing in the world! You will love it! HOpe are feeling good, not sure how far you are but i am excited for you! Have so much fun!

Jason and Stefanie Burt said...

WHAHOOO! I finally got to see your blog and it is so cute! Congrats again on the baby!! It was so fun to see you at Mars wedding! keep us updated on the baby!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you "baby lifeguard"!

Angie said...

Congrats, guys. That was very sly , Lisa!

Katie Fish said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! Hope you've been feeling well! When are you due??

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

That is so exciting! We are so happy for you two! You are so lucky you got to go to american idol concert. I bet it was so fun! It was so good seeing you at The wedding! We are still on for this weekend so hopefully it all works out! :)

rachel thurston said...

baby's are so in right now. you're the coolest!!! better start watching jon and kate plus eight.

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! I was hoping that was what your hint was...

Barnes said...

Glad to see that you have posted again...and so excited about the baby news!! I'm trilled for you.

Missy Johnson said...

LISA YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE CUTEST MOM EVER!

Kelly and Melissa said...

You're going to be the cutest mom. I can't wait for a little Lis or Jon running around. We are so old and grown up. Where does the time go!! Love ya!!

Krista said...

I'm with everyone else, was that an announcement? Congrats!!!! You are going to be the best mom. You have tons of cute nieces and nephews that have given you great experience I'm sure, and I like to think that you think of Trey as one of them too :)