Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pretty Little Lady

Well, come to find out, we didn't really get when to go to the hospital. Lisa was being brave with her IPod and workout ball on Sunday morning as her contractions became worse and worse.

5:00 - I, with the help of her sisters, was able to convince her to go to the hospital.
5:15 - We find out that Lisa is measuring 8 centimeters
5:20 - After 3 tries IV is in, Lisa becomes very talkative with everyone around her
5:45 - Lisa receives her first Epidural (but didn't work)
6:30 - Lisa receives her second Epidural (but didn't work)
6:50 - Lisa meets new Doctor and asks him for a hug
7:00 - Lisa's water breaks, while using me as a punching bag with heavy contractions
7:15 - Baby Mary Mae enters our lives happy and healthy
7 lbs. 12 oz., 21 inches long, 10 fingers, 10 toes!

We are home from the hospital with a home filled with family and full hearts, excited for the upcoming challenges of being parents. We truly appreciate all of the support from family and friends, we have felt so loved. Thank you for the flowers, texts, calls, FOOD and visits. We love you all! If you like the pics, come and see her for yourself. I think she is something special





24 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my Lis...I talked to Rachel the other day and she said your epidural didn't work. I can't imagine. Well it looks like you are alive at least. Hopefully you are surviving okay. I think she looks like you in the picture with her eyes open. She is precious. I "showed" the pictures to Abby and told her that her new friend is alive now. :0) Rest and enjoy her and I'll call you in a few days. Congrats!

Barnes said...

Congrats you guys!! She is beautiful! What a memory of a first delivery. She came fast...but not something you will forget. Hope your getting some sleep. We love you and hope to see you all soon.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

She is so cute Lis! I think she looks like you. I love the light hair!

It was so good to talk to you yesterday and I am so proud of you! I did a very hard thing without the drugs!

I hope you recover well!

Sammis said...

She is adorable!!! We are so happy for both of you & your beautiful little girl. We are trying to plan a trip out to utah at some point and we would love to see you all! Congratulations- she is so so so cute!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my she is so beautiful! Congrats!!! We are so excited for you two. Having a little one is the best thing in the world.

Emily and Alan said...

She might just be the cutest, sweetest baby ever! She is adorable! I'm so glad I could see her at the hospital and I want to come visit again soon. Lise...you are amazing and one tough girl! I love you...give Mary a kiss for me!

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! She is so cute!

Linds Forrest said...

Oh Lis she sure is beautiful! I want to come visit and see your new pretty girl and her this labor story. I started to laugh so hard remembering when you were tired and living in 105 and you know the story when you were dillarious. Anyway... congrats! I am so excited for you and Jon. I can't wait to meet MIllie. Love you Lis!

Katie Fish said...

Oh my gosh!! She is SO adorable! Lisa...you are a champ! Congratulations you guys! Enjoy being parents...it's the BEST!

Grapefruit said...

Those pictures are so darling. I wish I could be there to kiss those soft cheeks! She is beautiful. And I can't believe all her hair.

Good luck the next few weeks. We love you guys!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

OH she is so BEAUTIFUL! That is crazy your epidural didn't work. I am glad you and the babes are doing well oh and Jon too! We'll have to come see her soon!

janetina said...

Hey Lisa and Jon,
Wow! Your life is changed forever! She is beautiful, she doesn't have a tan, I'm a little surprised! Hope you soak in all the love. janet murray

Emma said...

LISA! She is so cute! I am coming over tomorrow...I hope that is okay:) I will call you though. That story is so funny and I could totally see you hugging the doctor. Love you guys and I'll talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

congratulations! She is beautiful. Happy Day!

Aaron & Lindsay Bobik said...

Can't wait to meet her! Love and miss you guys tons!

Aaron & Lindz

Aaron & Lindsay Bobik said...

Can't wait to meet her! Love and miss you guys tons!

Aaron & Lindz

Kelly and Melissa said...

Um I can't believe you really have a little baby!! What a miracle.. I can't wait to come see her again!! She is so beautiful. I love you guys!

Holly and Rhett said...

She is adorable. Congrats! Can't wait to meet the little one. Enjoy those first few moments.

michelle taggart said...

i can't believe you went in at an 8!! crazy wonder woman! i went in at a 6 with both ethan and madison, and i thought that was far along... you got me beat! little mary looks just like her mommy, she is so precious lisa and jon. congratulations, we love you

Lily said...

Congrats, Crosbys! We are so excited for your family, and confident that Mary will grow up in such a loving home. Way intense birth story...Lisa, you are a warrior. And what an adorable baby to show for it. Enjoy your new addition.
Love, the Mott family

Angie said...

Hooray! Congratulations. She is darling!

The Moons said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She really is darling! Sounds like a pretty quick delivery, thats nice! Man, i am getting very baby hungry seeing all these cute pictures! Jake and I are dying to come see you guys soon and meet little Mary Mae! Let us know when you feel up for more visitors!! Congrats again you two!!

Missy Johnson said...

Ah so cute Lisa! She's perfect!

AlliSMiles said...

she is adorable! congratulations!