Friday, September 4, 2009

California Dreamin

Mary experienced the beach for the first time this month. Her favorite was trying to eat sand, wondering where the wind was coming from, and of course, playing with her aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins.
We had a great time going back and forth between Newport and Huntington Beaches, where we visited with Jon's grandparents and family on both sides. We will never forget games at night with Grandma and Grandpa Alexander, some yummy home-cooked meals, our conversations about family and fashion, and loads and loads of our favorite phrase, "A boo boo Mary!"
The Crosby beach traditions held strong... bike rides on the boardwalk, dollar tacos at Great Mex, Ruby's shakes, Jack's surf-shop, morning runs/strolls ending with donut holes and apple fritters... (watch out for those next time Jess :) Life at the beach is so chill, and considering that we only spent a little over a week there this year (which, if you know us, is really cutting down on the usual) we want to go back very soon!

7 comments:

Grapefruit said...

She is so adorable. Glad you're back! This week is crazy, but I'll try to call you this weekend so we can catch up. Miss you!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Oh Lis, I can't believe she's getting so big! She is so beautiful! I want to see more pictures!!!

Rachel said...

those pictures are SO cute. i miss you guys already. cute post! :)

Emily and Alan said...

Mary looks so cute! I'm glad you had fun. I am so sorry I have not called you back yet. We were out of town for the weekend and we are out of cell phone minutes till tomorrow. I'll give you a call. We need to catch up. Love you

Nield Family said...

Nothing like the beach! A boo boo Mary, love it! Remember when someone said that to Rachel at Sunday dinner-funny!

Becky H. said...

Love that Mary, and I am glad you are back. It was lonesome around here without you all. Can't hold that little Mary enough !!! Love love you all.

Sunshine Day said...

COME BACK!! Seriously... right now. Miss you guys! Such good times.