Thursday, February 4, 2010

Toddler


It's the truth. My baby is a now officially a toddler... she learned how to crawl properly, then walk all within the last 2 weeks. Mary walks! I cried. Not because I'm sad, but because I can't believe my baby is growing up... it all happens so fast. It seems like just yesterday, Mary was a tiny little newborn.
This past week I had the privilege of holding two precious new babies, my niece, Nellie, and my nephew, Nixon. I thought that once I had my own kids, I wouldn't love my nieces and nephews like I used to, but that is not true. Newborns are so precious, so fresh from God, and so pure. These little babies are miracles in and of themselves... Juli has been through so much to get them here, and they are blessings from God. Now the work isn't over, just because they are here. I saw firsthand how much care and time they require, and I think my sister is a saint. Through all of the craziness, there is a special feeling of love and peace in their home. Those little ones have definitely blessed my life, and they are less than a week old!

9 comments:

Nield Family said...

Thank you so much for coming! They really have blessed our little family, and I just love it. Now since Mary is a toddler that means you need another newborn . . .

Rachel said...

So glad we got to be there together for this special time. They really are such a blessing to all of us- not just juls. I love them both so much and mar bear. She is growing up so fast, but I'm so grateful I get to be a part of it! I love you lis, give my little mar bear a squish from her favorite aunt.

jon crosby said...

lisa,

I can totally sympathize with this blog. My little girl is making those same progressions, and it KILLS me. I love to see her grow, but hate to see her mature

Grapefruit said...

Okay, WHAT? That top picture of Mary! She is so OLD. Wow. And so beautiful. Seriously, that girl is BEAUTIFUL.

Just like her mama.

mjm said...

Congrats to Juli and your whole family! How exciting.

And as for Mary Mae - well she's just precious. Yep, definitely looks like a little KID in those pictures.

Love you Crosby's!

Emily and Alan said...

I can't believe Mary is walking! She is growing up way too fast! I'm glad Julie's babies are here and healthy. They are adorable! Can't wait to see you next week!

Emma said...

So cute Lisa! My mom said she saw you this weekend and you were darling as ever. Let's get together again.

Congrats Julie! Your babies are adorable.

Sunshine Day said...

Okay Mary IS so big! I can't believe how fast it has gone, or how adorable she is, or how in LOVE with her we are.

Becky H. said...

She is only as beautiful as her mom, and you really are such a dedicated darling mother to her. Its so fun to watch, and you can see in her eyes how much she loves her momma! So so fun. Love just makes the world go around doesn't it? But it can't stop little girls from growing up... I've learned that one.
Love you.