Phoenix/Scottsdale is absolutely BEAUTIFUL at this time of year... and has the PERFECT weather.
The whole trip, Jon made sure that Mary was having fun. I've said that she is a daddy's girl before, but I think I will switch it around... Jon is a MARY's boy through and through.
Cousins really made Mary laugh... and she adored each one of them.
We MAXED and RELAXED, and Mary was totally in on it.
We spent a lot of time at the pool, and the warm Arizona sun put a huge smile on my face. It was the little piece of summer I needed.
Our last night there, Jon and I left Mary with my sister-in-law, Becca, to go on a date. Halfway through the movie, I got a text that was pretty much begging me to leave Mary overnight.
Well we took Becca up on her offer, and had a really great time... we shopped, saw a movie, had a nice, quiet dinner, went night swimming, and of course, got ice cream. We haven't left Mary very often (like at all) and so it was fun to be on our own schedule and have the freedom to stay out late!
In the morning we got to sleep in, lay by the pool and even read a book together. Doesn't that sound nice?
Thanks Matt and Becca, for making our trip. (not only did they babysit, they also provided room and board for a few nights... including homemade cinnamon rolls, a night out in "Italy," BBQ in the park, roast dinner with her famous mashed potatoes, peach cobbler, and lots of laughs).
Hanging out made me really crave living close to my older siblings. Luckily I have Brad and Rach nearby, now it's just time for the rest of you to come back!
Thanks Jon, for taking time off work and giving your little family your love and attention. I LOVE family vacations. Always have, always will.

11 comments:
That little Mary is adorable. You have such a cute little family! I should be home in the next month sometime and would love to see you! I'll let you know. Love you!
That looks so fun Lisa! I need the sunshine. Luckily, it has been nice here. I have been meaning to call you. Did you decide to cut your hair? Miss you!
Can't wait for next year's trip! We LOVE having you guys down here, especially when it means eating overpriced food in a mediocre restaurant with a slow waiter named Mandrew. Jane is STILL talking about you guys, wondering when you are coming over. So come again soon!
And p.s...those were NOT my famous mashed potatoes. But thanks for trying to be nice...
PS Becca... they are famous to us. Every time Jon makes mashed potatoes he tries to make them like you do. They are SO good.
i love your little family lis! i giggled at that pic of mary with the glass goblet. such a character! you guys are all so cute!
hope to see you soon!
that sounds like the perfect vacation. so cute.
How fun, Lis! I'm so glad you got to get away.. even if it isn't to South Florida :) Glad you got some nice warm weather.
Miss you!!
She is gorgeous Lisa! i love her really i need to come play with her! I need a girl cause she is so dang cute! Looks like a fun time, hope you are feelin good!
Who wouldn't love having the Crosby's over to stay, that is a vacation itself. You guys are the best really. Looks like a fun trip, you are such a cutie patutie! Not to mention Mary and JJ. What a darling family, I love you all.!! Love MOM
These pics are so great! Makes me miss you all! Glad you got some sunshine, spring in Utah is so bi-polar!
Post a Comment