Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Do I really belong here?
My first day at school was not what I expected. I started out in a great mood after sleeping through the eight o'clock class that I didn't have for the first time in my college career. I took time picking out a cute outfit and getting ready before I made the trek up to campus. I found myself in a brisk walk, shoving half of a pb&j in my mouth, listening to a little Colbie, and smiling all the way. I was so excited to see my school friends after 5 months of vacation. I think that it was when I sat down in my familiar painting classroom with strangers that my mood began to shift. Or it may have been riding the elevator with my D&C professor whom I had wished to never see again in my lifetime. I thought it was a bad sign when the teacher asked if we had ever taken a drawing class or an oil painting class... Are you serious? This is advanced figure painting, and I'm about to graduate with a painting degree. Class lasted 20 minutes out of the 3 hour allotment. In those 20 minutes, the teacher managed to assign the class a self portrait to be turned in on Thursday. I wouldn't have minded if I hadn't legitimately completed 17 self portraits last semester. Wow. I left the classroom feeling weird. I opened the door outside to the main terrace and found it swarming with zoobies... RM's giving every girl they thought was cute a high five, freshman looking so excited and lost they were about to pop, the usual BYU dorks that are wearing their BYU t-shirts from 1990, and the "pretty girls" wearing high heels with every accessory imaginable. My favorite was a red head walking, well sort of walking, in full church clothes as fast as he could without running, or letting anything escape. I don't know what it was about the first day of school, I guess I'm attributing it to "senor-itis." I can't wait to get that beautiful degree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your page is so cute! I love it. Of course it is designed perfect. I often have that same thought about some of the things I do, do I really belong here? Well only one more year. I am so proud of you, good luck Eesee!
Lisa;
It is so fun to see all your picture.When life slows down a bit you'll have to teach me how to start a blog because you are such a pro at it!
All my love,
Deb
Post a Comment