Papa Hanks. We wouldn't be who we are without his sweet and steady influence for good in our lives. He loves us quietly and unconditionally. We are proud that he is ours and thank him for the many years and hours of support that he has given us. I took this picture on the beach in Mexico this summer...after an intense game of soccer with the grandkids.
We are mourning with the news that he has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. It has spread and there is no treatment available. We have to say goodbye, very soon, to the sweetest man we have ever known. This Christmas season we are dedicating to his support and his example of a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Words can't describe the ache we feel at the thought of losing you. Thanks Grandpa for your beautiful life and your Christlike love. "We love you forever, like you for always, as long as you're willing, your grandkids we'll be."
We are mourning with the news that he has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. It has spread and there is no treatment available. We have to say goodbye, very soon, to the sweetest man we have ever known. This Christmas season we are dedicating to his support and his example of a true disciple of Jesus Christ. Words can't describe the ache we feel at the thought of losing you. Thanks Grandpa for your beautiful life and your Christlike love. "We love you forever, like you for always, as long as you're willing, your grandkids we'll be."

4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear he has cancer. May he not feel pain and hopefully you can get all the time you can with him. Sounds like he is so wonderful. My love goes out to him, you, and Jon!
Well put Lisa, That is such a good picture of him! I can't wait to get up there!
Lisa,
Sorry to hear about Grandpa Hanks. He is a fun guy and I hope you can all enjoy this time together.
p.s. My blog is private, but I'd love to email you an invite. Send me your email at: eabclayton(at)yahoo.com
Love ya cuz.
Beth
What a great tribute to Grandpa--he's a great man! I can't go a day without thinking about what a great example he is to all of us! Love ya-
Heather
Post a Comment