I already knew that there was a baby inside of me... I've had 3 ultrasounds to prove it, watched her move and seen her progression. I've listened to her fast little heartbeat each month, and my profile is getting pretty thick around the midsection. The evidence is perfectly clear that I am really pregnant, but it has all been surreal until now. There really is no way to describe the feeling that I am going through to anyone who hasn't felt it before, but it is SO COOL. I can feel her doing somersaults. I can feel her stretching out her arms and legs... it feels like someone is nudging me from the inside. I finally believe that she is REAL.
So now I am in. No more resenting the growing body that I have always feared. If I get to be in charge of this little baby girl from now on, bring on the bigger clothes and the constant nudging.

9 comments:
Isn't the first time you feel your baby move the most amazing thing? I think the first time I felt Dylan move was when we went to see August Rush with you and Jon.
I am so jealous!! That is so cool Lis. I hope I can see you soon cause I bet you look absolutely gorgeous pregnant!!
Lis, this was such a great post. It made me cry. It is so amazing. I'm so glad you are experiencing it. You are going to be such a wonderful mother, I know it.
love ya!
Grapefruit
Not to be cheesy, but that was really touching, like straight from a book. Wow. The miracle of life...
Lis! Isn't it the craziest thing! It is so hard to describe that feeling and make sense of it. I can't wait to see what she's going to look like! Ahh, she's going to be a beauty!
Today I was looking down at my belly and it was clearly poking out on the left side much more than the right as if there was a tennis ball under my skin. Except it wasn't a tennis ball. It was my baby pushing up against the side of her warm dark little world in there. Also yesterday I had the TV remote lying on my belly and when she kicked, you could see the remote moving. It is so strange and awesome, huh.
Told ya that it's an awesome feeling!! You are too cute and boy sometimes I miss that feeling of turning inside. It will continue to get better.
P.S. How's the painting coming along?
Oh my! That is so exciting! I can't wait to feel that! You look so cute pregnant so don't ever worry about that! Love ya girl...Miss ya!
Post a Comment