"Mmmm, Jon, do you want me to make you carmel popcorn for the movie?"
"No, but will you make some for this weekend?"
"But why? Just to have?"
"Yeah, for your birthday....er like if we go to a movie or something..."
"Just to have? Like we are going to carry a big bowl of carmel popcorn into the movie theater."
"... Can't a guy just crave some carmel popcorn? And will you make a full batch? No half-batches..."
Friday afternoon, 4:32pm, (we were supposed to have left for our "surprise birthday date" by now). Jon comes running up the stairs panting,

"Lis, do we not have any pancake mix?"
"Pancake mix? Why do you need pancake mix for our date... are we having a sleepover tonight?"
"Yeah, so will you pack the toiletries? And a change of clothes." and he takes off back downstairs... I think I saw a gleam of sweat on his forehead.
I knew something was up, but I didn't know what until about 6pm that night. Jon took me to Deer Valley where to my surprise, we unloaded a car-full of food and overnight stuff into a sweet condo overlooking the valley. To make the surprise getaway even better, Jon had invited some of our friends to join in the party and have a big sleepover. The next day we went shopping at the outlets and got together with our families. All in all, it was a huge surprise, and a really fun weekend. My husband really out did himself this birthday, how did I luck out? Thanks Jon, I loved it!


8 comments:
So fun!! Love surprises when they aren't for me...where did you stay in Deer Valley? Happy Birthday!!
Sounds like so much fun! Except we can't see your cute prego stomach in that picture. For those of us who don't ever see you, we would like to see it you know! Post one already.
Ok, too cute. I am so happy that this year's bday was so exciting. I love birthday celebrations. I agree with Becs. You should post a prego pic (ignore that stupid make-fun-of-belly-pics blog) and write about how brave you are getting around needles. I am so proud of you!!
what a great husband my cousin is!! runs in the family... i'm such a great wife!!!! ha ha. hope your feeling well lisa, much love
Oh Lis that is SO fun!! Happy Birthday! I can't believe I don't have your birthdate written down... I need to get that! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Oh Lis that is SO fun!! Happy Birthday! I can't believe I don't have your birthdate written down... I need to get that! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Girl! That was so fun! Thanks for having us up there with you guys! We had a blast! We love ya lots and Hope you had a great day! :)
Lisa,
Your ultrasound pic is awesome. Makes it all feel so real eh? I can't wait to rub your growing little belly and give you a squeeze. That little girl is about to change your life forever... more love than you can yet imagine. Can't wait to see you as a mom.
Post a Comment