One of my favorite parts of the season was wrapping gifts and decorating our first big Christmas tree. We even put up lights on our house, and with the great number of snowstorms this season, it felt like Christmas even more. We baked for the neighbors and family, and made some yummy holiday treats.




Christmas Eve was spent finishing our gifts for each other and baking for our holiday feasts. The Henriksen Christmas Eve traditions were special this year as we laughed and cried remembering the year we made it through as a family. Among other things, we missed Grandpa Hanks this Christmas, but we were glad to have Bradley back home instead of over the phone!
Here I am... with my big belly. We are expecting our little Mary in just 4 1/2 weeks. This was taken when I was almost 34 weeks... she's just growing and growing (well, at least that's what's happening to me! Notice my strategic pose, the belly looks even bigger when I'm standing up straight. I'm getting to the "you look like you're going to pop" stage now.)

SANTA CAME!
And Grandma Debbie even made our little Mary her own quilt, it is beautiful and made with love! It completes the nursery... which I will be posting photos of soon...

12 comments:
That quilt is beautiful! That will look great in your nursery. And as for the "big belly"...um, hardly. You look tiny, as always, in that picture. Your presents even look beautiful, with all that fancy paper. Our family is lucky if there is a nametag on the gifts!
What a great Christmas!! You look DARLING! I can not wait to see you on Saturday. I am glad you had a fun holiday season! Love ya Lis!
Lis you are a little stinker hiding that belly by leaning over! I want to see it in full force! We finally have everything ready for our baby (except a name) and now we're just waiting! I go back and forth between being impatient for her to come out and wanting a few more days just the two of us. She's due in a week and a half but you never know when she might make her grand entrance into this world. I am getting pretty nervous about the labor and delivery when I think too long about it, but I keep telling myself that almost every woman in the world has gone through it so I can do it too!
Just wait until next year when your little one is hear, and Christmas will be even better! That quilt is so beautiful! Okay... I feel so HORRIBLE that I didn't make it to your shower. We were in St George, and I didn't get your invitation until after we got home! :( We definitely need to get together soon, I'll give you a call!
Lis! Look at your cute pregnant belly... I hope all is well with you! Congrats on having a little one soon!
Yes it was magical this year! We loved every minute of it! Your house was perfect this year!
hey there!!! so i guess i put a comment on the wrong blog! you will have to check out your art blog for my comment ;)
PICTURE STEALER!!! psh I took those!! You little thief...guess I won't be using them for my blog anymore :) i still love you though. glad i could contribute! can't wait for another weekend hangout this weekend! YEAH BABY!
Lisa! You look GREAT! You are getting so close. Can't wait to see pics of your precious little girl. It is just so much fun! We are so excited for you guys!
Looks like you guys had a great one! So fun! I love The Christmas season! It was so good to see you guys the other night! We need to get together again really soon! LOVe ya!
So darling, everything is so cute,the pics, the stories, the belly, love it all. How is it that one person has so much talent just oozing out of them. Can't wait to see how adorable little Mary will be!
I especially love that you we got to share some of the fun holiday memories with you!!!! Love that you are so close.
Love always and forever,
MOM
Hey guys! Lisa- I'm sure you're ready to "pop yur bun out of the uhhhvin" as our people in the south would say.. haha seriously though I hope you're getting all geared up for your little girl coming so soon! Elise will turn 1 on feb 3rd- time flies!! bry's new number is 704-604-4688 and he lost all his old numbers from his old phone- we werent trying to ditch you! Hope you are doing great and good luck with everything. love ya- the sammis's
Post a Comment