
Motherhood.
I wondered what it would be like.
I was scared of the unknown.
I'm still just a little girl myself.
Am I capable?
Am I ready for this?
So many questions...
So many doubts...
Yet, excitement bubbled as the days added up to weeks
and the weeks added up to 40...
I suddenly found myself facing THE DAY
I found myself facing THE PAIN
I found myself holding onto Jon's hand for dear life.
33 days have gone by now.
33 days of motherhood.
How do I explain to my old self what it would feel like?
It feels exhausting at times.
It feels overwhelming at times.
But I knew it would be.
What I didn't know
was the MIRACLES that I would see.
I didn't know how they would change me.
I didn't know how she would change me.
I held my baby, my miracle,
in my arms early that Sunday morning.
I felt her love for the first time.
I felt HIS love
I felt the miracle.
Motherhood.
I never could have imagined
Never could have known.
And it's only been 33 days!

12 comments:
I love this!
Beautiful Lis!
It's such a precious time right now that you have with just Mary. I look back with such fondness on those early days with my first baby: the two of us recovering together, enjoying each other, getting to know each other and falling in love with each other. Enjoy it, before you know it little Mary Mae will be 8 years old like Megs and you'll wonder where the time has gone.
Thanks for the beautiful thoughts on motherhood!
That really is so good to hear that you love it and you are doing so well!! It gives me hope that one day i won't be terrified to be a mother and that i will make it through haha!!
i loved that!! I know that I will be right there with you with all those thoughts and feelings VERY SOON!! Hope everything is going great! I still need to see your sweet little girl!!
You're wonderful
We feel so very blessed to have little Mary Mae in our family and I love when she comes over just to hang out. Your poem was beautiful. It brought back a lot of memories of times long ago with my babies. When your big handsome husband was just tiny little Jon Jon, I would hold him and kiss him and love him and dream that as he grew up he would be happy. I hoped that someday he would grow up and find a beautiful girl that he would love and marry and have a baby of his very own. I guess dreams really do come true!
Ok, so you are a brilliant little poet too! What aren't you good at?! I love that you know now what I could never put into words for you. It is the most heart-changing journey. And I'm so glad you are on it with me. Love you, lis.
that was beautiful, and so are you! I am so excited to be in this together, what a wonderful crazy journey! I love that little girl of yours too!
Lisa!!! Its Jordan (deloach) How are you??? Your baby is BEAUTIFUL... I found you off Ali's blog!! We have a blog too it's private so send me your email to jordanmceuen@hotmail.com Love ya!!!
Lisa!!! Its Jordan (deloach) How are you??? Your baby is BEAUTIFUL... I found you off Ali's blog!! We have a blog too it's private so send me your email to jordanmceuen@hotmail.com Love ya!!!
Lis, she's absolutely precious. Are you bringing her to Emily's wedding reception? Please, please, please!
And that poem is publishable :). Love it.
You are an awesome mother, and Mary is so precious! What beautiful thoughts!
Post a Comment