I have been thinking about this word lately... what it means... and who it means. Certain people come to my mind, certain days.
I think about being a little four year old girl again. I think of that day I hid behind my mom's legs when introduced to the little neighbor girl. I had no idea then that she and I would see each other through years of jumping on the tramp, of secret crushes, bad break-ups, and shopping sprees.
I think of "Sally" and "Stacey." I think of sleepovers and MEETING HALFWAY. I think of long talks. I think of tears and hugs. I think of giggling uncontrollably. And of more giggling. I think of silly nights of crank calls and boobie traps. BFF's.
When I think of FRIEND, I think of screaming out our favorite songs while we feel the freedom of the windows down and the car keys in hand. I think of lunch trips and cutting class. I think of moments.
I think of those I have known since birth, and I think of those I have known only a few months. I think of wedding days, I think of going on walks. I think of phone calls. I think of inside jokes and quiet memories. I think of helpful hints and good advice. I think of years of love and conversations past.
I have been blessed by each of you... my friends. All I can hope is that my little Mary will be as lucky as her parents have been to have such wonderful friends!
Mary met her first official friend this week... I think they hit it off. George and Mary are just a week apart...

3 comments:
This post is so cute. You've always been quite the writer. I'm so lucky to have had a friend like you all my life. Love ya!!
You are so good at writing how you feel Lis, very neatly and meaningful.
I am so glad to have YOU as a friend! I can't wait for McKayla, Abby, and Mary to be able to be friends too. How fun that will be!!
That is sweet. We really miss you guys out here!
Post a Comment