Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Inspiration

This inspires me.
I wrote in my 8th grade autobiography that she was my queen... She was the one that I looked up to and wanted to be exactly like.
Not much has changed in a matter of ten years (wow, has it really been that long?). Yes, we have taken different roads. Yes, her road led her faraway places. Places where I couldn't sit on her bedroom floor anymore and watch her get ready with big, eager eyes. Places where she had to face fear and heartache alone, with only God to hear.
Through each new stage she faces, I still see the queen I wrote about. I didn't know then, when I was 14, that she would accomplish all that she has.
But I could feel her light. If you don't know her, and you haven't felt it, it is the kind of light that oozes out of someone who has a lot of faith. Someone who has excitement and passion.
So the moral of this post is, I still want to be creative like she is. I want to be as passionate as she is. I want to be beautiful and graceful like she is. I want to have faith like she does.

***Photos taken at Laguna Beach, Dawson Cole Art Gallery.

6 comments:

Becky H. said...

Lisa, so beautiful, so true.Why do these always make me cry?
Well said my dear. What a nice tribute to your sis. Did you know that you are the queen to someone else too, another little sister that looks up to you? Funny how that works huh. Love you.

Nield Family said...

Yeah and I am the sister that got stuck in the middle of all of you!!! No just kidding, don't we all look up to her. She really is our second mom and best biggest sister! But really you are creative, I mean that is why I hired you little nut brown!

Grapefruit said...

She is so creative and passionate about so many things. And so are you! You guys all are. That is why it is such an honor to be a part of your family. I'm constantly inspired by all of your talents, passions and love for each other.

Next are you going to write about what you wrote in your journal about Matt? Can't wait for that post. :)

Sunshine Day said...

Sobbing.. can't even see to write this. If you only knew how mutual this feeling is. I love you, Lisa.

mjm said...

Sisters are simply the best! We are lucky Lis, because we know what it's like to be both a younger and older sister!

Congrats to Michelle for her many great accomplishments! I'll never forget the fun time we had with her in Lake Powell when I was lucky enough to go with your family.

-Mal

Rachel said...

Wow lis this is so great. Don't we all love and miss seeing that light everyday? She truly is beautiful and inspiring. So are you, that is what sisters are for. Cuz just like you are looking up to your big sister, I am looking up to all 3 of mine :) I love you.