February 8, Mary turned 1.
Her party started without her. Apparently she was too exhausted from the wedding the day before, and took a very long nap. When she FINALLY woke up, after dinner and half-way through the Super bowl, this is how she felt...
The next morning (which was her true birthday), the house was empty. Her new toys were waiting for her...
The little girls across the street came and brought her balloons.
She discovered a left-over cupcake (but she didn't want to hold it and eat it herself)
And we finally got a smile. Happy Birthday Mary Mae!
***Mary's partying caught up with her... and the rest of us. Whatever it is that is going around, we got it. And poor Mary's turned into double ear infections. Happy to report, we bounced back to full health.***

6 comments:
Sounds like she is truly a one year old- never doin what you expect! She is so cute though I just wanna kiss those cute cheeks. Way to have such a fun party for her, best mom ever!
Happy Birthday Mary girl! Hopefully she will enjoy her party a little more next year. She is adorable Lise! Wish I could see her more often! Love you guys!
Typical! Isn't that always how it goes?
Did you MAKE that cake? And are those party favors? Wow. You went all out. I'll have to hire you next time. I loved the banner too.
Mary is so beautiful, even with double ear infections and a grumpy face. She is such a cutie.
Wanna come visit? We were outside for no less than four hours today. I got sunburned. Seriously. Come. I'll cook for you (but not cherry pie!) and we can hang out and laugh and do make-overs.
Cute little Mary! Can't believe she's one and I haven't even met her yet :( Happy Birthday last month!
Sorry you guys were sick. Bummer :(
happy birthday to mary! she's such a tender little thing. she's lucky to have parents who take great care of her.
Haha that's so funny and true that things often don't go how you envisioned them. I think first birthday parties are more for the parents anyway. Well now we have one year olds, crazy!
Post a Comment