This was 2 years ago when I held my little girl for the first time.
I can't believe how much better my life is with her in it.

She is talking so much, and really becoming more and more of her own person. It is so fun to hang out with her. Mary wears her heart on her sleeve, and I know exactly how she is feeling and what she wants (and doesn't want). She is a gentle and a caring child, but she also has a very strong sense of her way. She loves to be organized and is into her wardrobe, her hair, and her dolls. She sorts her toys by color and category, and always places them in a line. Like most toddlers, Mary definitely feels the beat of the music and encourages me to "Dance!" with her, even when I'm not in the mood.
"MINE!" is her new favorite word. I'm trying to teach her how to share (is that possible at her age? Anyone? My efforts aren't really working) However, when she claims ownership over me, and Ashton, and Jon, I kind of like it. I don't correct her when she says, "MY mommy. MY Ashton. MY daddy."
Something about it tells me that she likes being a part of this little family. And THAT is very endearing. I like it too. Actually, I love it.
And I love her.
"How wonderful life is, when you're in the world."
Happy Birthday Mary!

9 comments:
Happy birthday to Mar Bear! I love her and she is already 2, what? I can't wait to see you guys and hang out! Love you sis, all the way to the moon and back!
She is beautiful! What a fun girl!
Brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how fast she is growing up and what an incredible person she is becoming. I love her to pieces. She is sweet and sensitive, and she will always hold a special place in my heart. You've been an incredible mom lis- and it's so fun to watch your little ones grow. Thanks for sharing since I couldn't be there.
That cupcake picture is seriously one of the cutest things I've EVER seen. AH! Can't wait to hangout. Love you.
so beautifully written lis! mary is such a sweetheart. and she looks so dang big!!! wow, time is going fast. before we know it, she'll be babysitting my toddlers. :)
happy birthday mary!!!
Happy Birthday Mary! I can't believe it. She is growing up so fast! Congrats Lis...you're family is beautiful.
Lis,
That first picture is priceless. You are so lucky to have that! I know it will be so cherished when Mary is older.
Happy Birthday to miss Mary! I can't believe she's TWO and I haven't even met her yet. That means it's been even longer since we've seen each other. :( Sad!
She is so dang cute! Did she get that little Minnie dress for her birthday?
Happy Birthday to Mary! Your family is so cute.
I keep coming back to look at these pictures. I have to say...I love your face in the first one. Love you Lis!
Post a Comment