Friday, April 29, 2011

FIVE

5 is my favorite number. My birthday is made up of 5's (10-25-85)... I'm sure that's why I like it.
Have you ever had to "pick a number, 1-10" in order to get something? We played it a lot as kids. My cousin and I used to fight over who got to pick the number first... she was born on the 5th of March.

5... it's a pretty number. Halfway to ten. Comfortable in it's own skin, not trying to be 4, not trying to be 6. Happy as it is. Five fingers on each hand. Five toes on each foot.

Today I like 5 for one more reason...

He has been MINE for 5 whole years.

A lot has happened since April 29, 2006.

We have had major accomplishments, minor set-backs, and A LOT of fun.


Five years brought us two precious little babies...



At age 20.5 (it goes along with the theme :) I had no idea what it would feel like to be 25.5... Now that I do, I wish I could have told my old self how much more I would love him now than I did then. But actually, I don't think I would have believed it was possible.

5 years later, I'm telling you, it is possible.

Here is to the next 5 years... 10 years... 50 years. Let's grow old together JJ. I love you!

7 comments:

Nield Family said...

AH so cute! Of course you love 5 always have always will....just glad I am 5 on your speed dial:) You know that's saying something!

The Nielsens said...

CONGRATS! I can't believe it! And what a darling post. Love you guys.

mjm said...

wow -- i can't believe it's been five years! i'm so glad your little family started five years ago and so glad you've shared your lives with me since then. i sure love you guys! :)

Emma said...

Congrats to you both! It seems like yesterday you were dating Mr. Crosby at Raintree. Love you!

Grapefruit said...

Congrats on 5 years! Wow, that has flown by. Two kids in five years? Not bad Lis! You two have such a beautiful family. And wardrobe.

:)

xoxo

B

Linds Forrest said...

Congrats on 5 years!! How exciting!! You two make such a cute couple!!

Rachel said...

SO glad he has been a part of this family for 5 years and apart of THIS girls life for 5 years. (Since I got my braces off....). Told ya I'd come around :) He really is perfect for you and for us. To the both of you, and another FIVE years. love you.