This guy is 7 and 1/2 months old. I hope he will forgive me for posting these pictures of his fat little arms and legs, but they really need to be documented. He is so chubby, and so squishy, and so happy.
Ashton has many nicknames... "Ash Boy" "Ash Man" "Ash" "Mr. Jack..." He is becoming very expressive in his movements and his face. He is curious, reaching for everything, and starting to move around. He can't sit up by himself yet (you'd think the thunder thighs would support him, but give him a break... he's a heavy little thing!) . However, he is rolling around like it's nobody's business.
We love making him giggle, and his wide-mouth grin is so silly. He's finally eating solid foods, but if he doesn't like something (which is a lot) he literally gags to get it out of his mouth. It kind of reminds me of myself as a kid (or now) when I try to eat seafood. He's totally dramatic about his food.
Whenever he gets the chance, he wraps both of his arms and legs around my arm like a monkey. I love it because it feels like he's giving me a big hug.
Someday when he's a little twig, I will miss this chub. Ashton Jack, you are something special.
Oh, and he's sleeping through the night... YES! And when I say, through the night, I mean 11-12 hours*. This is a whole new life for everyone!
*I am a total believer in the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, in order to get to this point! This book presents logical theories and sleep programs that will help your child overcome sleep problems and prevent new ones. I think every parent needs some helps along the way, and this has been key to my sanity. I feel pretty pathetic without my sleep, and I think kids are the same way! (Ok, there's my soap box, I'll stop now. But really. It's a good book.)
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Oh he is so so cute! I miss him and just want to squish him! What a handsome boy with that dark hair-got that from his mommy!!
Lis, what a sweet squishy boy! I love, LOVE his rolls. You make the cutest kids.
We're going to be in Utah August 16ish-the 24th. I'd love to see you. Please tell me you'll be around!!
oh man, he does have serious rolls! he sure is cute! :) i just got an idea - bring him to that crazy gym instructor and say, "who you callin' a wimp, lady? i carry him around all day!!"
I want to squish his legs. those rolls are to die for.
and i totally agree about needing help...maybe i should read that book. i've read a couple others, but my little man definitely isn't sleeping 11-12 hours. sheesh.
....almost made me cry. I miss this little guy so much. He is so big lis. How has 7 months already gone by? I need to squish those cheeks and kiss that little tummy. I miss you guys. From the bottom of my heart. And it's true- ash boy IS something special.
Sooo cute! I absolutely love his chubbiness, but my favorite thing about Ash Boy is his smile. It seriously makes me smile and laugh when he does that wide mouth grin. Love your cute kids!
He is so adorable Lisa! Tell him to pass Caleb some of that chub:) Love that book too, thanks to you!
oh my gosh he is adorable!! You really should have a whole bunch of kids cause they are so cute! Love that little man, and you are a darling momma to him.Love that I get to watch him grow up, love it love it!! Love you.
I can't get enough of this kid!!! Those rolls are killing me. LOVE it. love it. Now can you just post pics of his feet squishing out of his sandals.
Such adorable eyes! I love that book too.
Somebody is loving her new camera! He's so delicious. Wish my chub were that cute...
We love our sweet Ashton and we absolutely adore his cute little chubby arms, legs and tummy!
Post a Comment