The Beach trip began at Grandma Mary's...






And the big party began a few days later...
Henriksen Family Reunion: 15 adults+ 12 children + 1 beach house= PARTY!!


I don't know if I've ever seen Jon so excited. I love the beach, but he IS the beach, it is in his bones to BE IN the waves and the sand. He couldn't get over the view and the "private beach" we had access to out our back door. If there was ever a question as to where he was, I found him body surfing, playing smash ball in the sand, or searching for sea shells with Mary. Not to mention beach volleyball, tacos, and his sand pillows... no beach towel needed.

Whenever I pull the camera out, Ashton puts on his cheesy face. I am taking advantage of the fact that he's all smiles, it makes for some cute pictures of my growing boy. This was taken at Ruby's Diner on the Huntington Pier.


Nellie, what a cute little diva! We had fun with all of the kids, and we wore them out by 7:00 every night!
Disneyland...What A Day!






Mary really looks up to her older cousins. Megs and Paige helped carry her around when she twisted her ankle. And every time someone had a new hairstyle, Mary had to have it. Her hair is so lovely in all of these Disneyland pictures because we went from braids to one ponytail to pigtails to braids, and then just to ripping them all out by the end of the day. My dad laughs every time she throws a fit about her hair and says she takes after her mom. I think she takes after her aunt Rachel, haha.
Noah and Mitchell also taught her how to fight with lightsabors... "and she even knows how to say lightsabor and not lightsavor" according to Mitchell.

I caught this face right before we went in to see Mickey Mouse. She was so excited when I said it was our turn. Since Christmas we had been preparing her for this meeting. I warned her that Mickey was going to be really big, but when she saw him, she totally chickened out. When we left she said, "Mommy, I want Mickey to be tiny."

One hand on her face and biting her lip... sure signs of shyness, but she managed to find the courage to reach her hand up and wave back to her favorite princess: Belle.




No matter how old you are, or how sick you may feel, or if you lost your shoe, or if you just walk and push the stroller all day, Disneyland is a Magical place. We had a great time, and we were exhausted by the time the day ended!



Date Night...



Blue Water Grill and Harry Potter 7 (side note: I feel like I need to apologize to Hermoine herself, or my die-hard HP fan friends that I was nodding off during it, but I loved every minute I saw)!

Our Sponsors... the two who made this all happen. It was a total success, a trip I will remember forever. Thank you Mom and Dad, for your hard work to keep us close, it is totally working!
And now we are home to this: (Mary's attempt at unloading the dishwasher) and sunset from my rooftop, not quite the same as looking out my kitchen to the sand and waves, but it's home. And there is no place like home.


And the big party began a few days later...
Henriksen Family Reunion: 15 adults+ 12 children + 1 beach house= PARTY!!
I don't know if I've ever seen Jon so excited. I love the beach, but he IS the beach, it is in his bones to BE IN the waves and the sand. He couldn't get over the view and the "private beach" we had access to out our back door. If there was ever a question as to where he was, I found him body surfing, playing smash ball in the sand, or searching for sea shells with Mary. Not to mention beach volleyball, tacos, and his sand pillows... no beach towel needed.
Whenever I pull the camera out, Ashton puts on his cheesy face. I am taking advantage of the fact that he's all smiles, it makes for some cute pictures of my growing boy. This was taken at Ruby's Diner on the Huntington Pier.
Nellie, what a cute little diva! We had fun with all of the kids, and we wore them out by 7:00 every night!
Disneyland...What A Day!
Mary really looks up to her older cousins. Megs and Paige helped carry her around when she twisted her ankle. And every time someone had a new hairstyle, Mary had to have it. Her hair is so lovely in all of these Disneyland pictures because we went from braids to one ponytail to pigtails to braids, and then just to ripping them all out by the end of the day. My dad laughs every time she throws a fit about her hair and says she takes after her mom. I think she takes after her aunt Rachel, haha.
Noah and Mitchell also taught her how to fight with lightsabors... "and she even knows how to say lightsabor and not lightsavor" according to Mitchell.
I caught this face right before we went in to see Mickey Mouse. She was so excited when I said it was our turn. Since Christmas we had been preparing her for this meeting. I warned her that Mickey was going to be really big, but when she saw him, she totally chickened out. When we left she said, "Mommy, I want Mickey to be tiny."
One hand on her face and biting her lip... sure signs of shyness, but she managed to find the courage to reach her hand up and wave back to her favorite princess: Belle.
No matter how old you are, or how sick you may feel, or if you lost your shoe, or if you just walk and push the stroller all day, Disneyland is a Magical place. We had a great time, and we were exhausted by the time the day ended!
Date Night...
Blue Water Grill and Harry Potter 7 (side note: I feel like I need to apologize to Hermoine herself, or my die-hard HP fan friends that I was nodding off during it, but I loved every minute I saw)!
Our Sponsors... the two who made this all happen. It was a total success, a trip I will remember forever. Thank you Mom and Dad, for your hard work to keep us close, it is totally working!
And now we are home to this: (Mary's attempt at unloading the dishwasher) and sunset from my rooftop, not quite the same as looking out my kitchen to the sand and waves, but it's home. And there is no place like home.

8 comments:
Ah I love it! Love all the memories, the pics, and the love! I miss you guys so much! It was an amazing trip wasn't it? And you hav stinking cute kiddos! Now back to my screaming whining kids...thanks for sharing!
yay! you're home...lunch soon!! your trip looked wonderful and i love the comment about the lightsabor not "savor" and mary wishing mickey was tiny. kids are so great! disneyland really is such a magical place, but there also is nothing like home. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you lis!
How awesome! That looked like an amazing trip. How great is that beach house, fun fun fun!
It was such a fun trip and so fun to be with you and your adorable children. I love that picture of you holding both kids at the top, look how happy Mary is in your arms! And I love all the commentary about Mary, like the shyness in front of the princesses. Disneyland is so magical, I totally agree. Even with crowds, sun, and LOTS of trips to the bathroom. (Ahem...)
:)
I love everything about this! It was SO much fun to finally see my family again, and to be able to be together without leaving the next day. Thanks for all the laughs and memories, and for making the effort to stay close. I love you so much. And that last picture of mary? adorable. Now back to real life...oh wait- just kidding, it's a holiday tomorrow! Can't wait to hangout again!
I love your posts...they could be my favorite to read. What a fun trip. Just came back from there myself. There is nothing like it. Call me and we'll plan our trip together!
Thanks for the pics and remembering it all, what a fun trip. I am SO relieved that it turned out - we've been planning that for a very very long time. It really would work anywhere because you all are such a great group to hang out with, seriously I don't know where else you could find that many people of such different ages and have them all love each other and get along so well. You are the best and I was so impressed at your mothering and especially your good attitude about how your day at Disneyland turned out quite a bit different than you expected - way too many trips to the bathroom!!
Your kids are adorable, you know I can never get enough of them - lets make some memories. Tomorrow? Or the next day..... Love you all!
What an amazing trip!!! I'm exhausted just from reading about it but it sounded perfect. Just how I'd want it to be. Love it!
Post a Comment