Friday, October 2, 2009

September Highlights

I considered that Mary had SIDS. And I'm not trying to make light of a serious thing that sadly, happens all too often. She just doesn't usually, well ever, sleep for more than 2 hours during the day. Which is why Mary's 3 hour nap brought me to that morbid conclusion. I hadn't heard a sound. Not a PEEP for 3 hours. I finally decided to crack open the door to see if she was still breathing. To my immense relief, this is what I found...
...just waiting. So happy. So content, exploring this crib that she sleeps in every day. Discovering it for the first time.

Her discovery of the world continues...
She liked playtime and dress-ups with her cousin, Noah.

She is anticipating crawling, but still enjoys playing on a blanket on the floor.

Mary is sleeping through the night (YES!) but not without her precious little bear.

She giggled in her new swing at Grandma's, as well as anxiously eating any new solid food within reach.


And she has to be dressed up, even when she just goes to the grocery store. What can I say? She is my girl! (well, let's be honest. I can get away with sweats if she is dressed up, right?)

11 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

She is so beautiful!! Look how cute. She's so lucky to have you as a mom. You are so creative and so fun!

Grapefruit said...

She is looking so much older. And so beautiful!

Nield Family said...

She changes so much these days, just getting cuter and cuter!!

Larsens said...

She is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see her in person hopefully soon!

mjm said...

Lis, she is getting so cute and so big! That pic of her peeking through the crib is priceless. Hope to see her {and you!} soon.

Emily and Alan said...

Lise...she looks adorable! It was so great to see you guys in Park City. I wish we could have chatted longer! I'm glad you guys are doing well. Miss you!

Becky H. said...

ok, Melts my heart that girl! She is so dangity dang cute. Just love her. And to think I get to see her lots. Makes me sooo happy. You are a darling mommy too, just keeping her dressed so adorable. Until we meet again....

kristenh2o said...

She is so cute I can't handle it!!!

Jennifer Lane said...

Oh my....she is getting so big and beautiful. You are so lucky and she's lucky too! Miss you Lis.

Kelly said...

I feel that same way! I always think Abby has died if she has slept too long!

Sunshine Day said...

I love that pic in the crib. what a sweet sweet little girl. I miss those eyes.