Saturday, July 17, 2010

There's nothing else like it...




How do they already know? They have only been alive for less than 2 years, all of which they have lived 700 miles apart. Yes, they have met a few times, but realistically, how many of those would they even remember? BUT they just know. They KNOW that something is special about the other little girl, just their size. COUSINS. Friends from birth. Friends that you don't really lose touch with. Friends who share more than just good times, they share your history, they share your grandparents and your aunts and uncles. LOVE comes EASY. Friendship happens. And although these two definitely don't see eye to eye all of the time, since they are FAMILY, they work through it and are closer for it!
Lucky for me, I have one of those special cousins, and she lived less than ONE mile away. She and I shared everything. Now, we share in motherhood. Congratulations Melissa, I love you!

10 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

I can't believe how much they look alike!

Emily and Alan said...

Such a cute post! Congrats to Melissa! And Mary is absolutely adorable.

Deb said...

Side by side they look like sisters! How nice to have them close by. We are missing you guys and can't wait till its Newport and Huntington time! Have fun in Powell and we'll see you soon.
Love,
Deb

Kelly said...

Abby has the same dress as Mary!! They look super cute together.

Rachel said...

Okay brought a tear to my eye at WORK! (yes I'm reading your blog at work...I'm dying of boredom over here). Its so true, there is just something special about cousins. I love watching the little cousins in our family and the tender bond (yet terrifying at times...)they share. Can't wait to see you and mary again soon!

Nield Family said...

There really is nothing like family! For real! I love the pics so so cute!

kimmy girl said...

its true! they KNOW. they really do...what a special bond when you think about it. they are so cute together by the way!

mjm said...

So tender! They really look like sisters.

Becky H. said...

You really captured it. So fun. I loved that you and Melissa were such good friends, and how fun for Mary to have someone for her. Its pretty special to have family that adore each other, even before they know they do and can talk about it!

Kelly and Melissa said...

Thanks so much Lis!! Thanks for leading the way. I'm always just a couple months behind you. You are a good example. It is funny because Sophia also has a girl cousin close only 4 days younger. We are setting the path for both of our girls.